Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!

So, a new year and stuff!

I don't like doing "resolutions" and stuff, but I do have some goals that have sprouted up for the near future!

First, as some of you know, I just got back from a writers' conference. The combination of the awesome sessions and amazing friends has encouraged me to get back into writing on a regular basis. I've decided to take a new strategy in approaching my stories, and also intentionally making time to write at least 300 words a day, whether I feel like it or not. I know, I know, that doesn't sound like a lot, but at this point I'm more worried about getting to a habit rather than getting a lot written. Especially since school and work will shortly be eating up the majority of my life again!

Second: I recently joined NerdFitness, which I highly recommend by the way, and yesterday one of the regular four-week challenges started. Though these are regular, this is the first one I've been able to join in on, and I'm excited about it!  Essentially, it focuses on small goes to get to a larger end.

So, between now and January 29th, I will be working to maintain these goals:

Diet:
- Eat vegetable with one meal every day
- Keep a food journal
- Have no more than one sugary food and drink a day (but no soda, because I've already cut that out mostly)

Fitness:
- Complete the NF bodyweight workout at least once a week
- Go for a walk with my dog at least once a week
- Practice my wall handstand at least three times a week

Life Level-Up:
- Meditate for 10 minutes a day

-----

Yep! We'll see how well it goes!
Especially with school starting next week!

Three, two, one, jump!

-Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment